Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sometimes a jacket is just a jacket, sometimes it's an exercise in physics...



This jacket is Looks 10, Warmth 3. It is cotton pin-striped, with a metallic embroidery running around in random and planned places -- the edge of the collar, yes. The flower by the dart, what? The back has a beautiful embroidered area down the center (see below). The best part is inside, where a quote from Einstein, yes of Einstein fame, is embroidered: "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." I like this Mobius-strip of philosophy. When I wear this jacket, I have to brave the weather so I can take it off, turn it inside out and drape it theatrically over a chair to show off the quote. Not a mean feat, I advise plenty of yoga and Tiger Balm before and after. 










1 comment:

  1. Hey, I tried to post but couldn't figure out how to do it, so will use anonymous. Love the blog. Libby

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, posts, horoscopes and Freudian analyses. Photos are welcome. Also, sign up as a follower (it's easy -- look to your left.) oxox Jeri