Sunday, January 24, 2010

Goodwill: A Fairy Tale involving Clothes and Creatures



  Here is a recently discovered  Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale without the ogres and scary Bremen Town cat musicians.. On Friday, I ducked into the Menlo Park Goodwill store and followed signs (printed and spiritual) to the sweater rack. I moved a hanger, and (Uff Da!), there it was: The Holy Grail of Sweaters. I took it to the register, and the sales clerk (they are always friendly at this store) said, "This sweater is a sign. I believe that dogs are Angels sent from on High to Watch Over Us. Also, have you lost inches in your hips lately -- you look like a Size 2."


  I know there may be unbelievers out there, but my dogs do watch me, as though I might feed them at any moment, and I have laid off the Ranch Doritos for a week.


 The Happy Ending: the sweater fit perfectly, and doesn't show dog hair so much from my two rescue dachshunds, Elvis and Gidget. The End.









3 comments:

  1. what an amazing find!

    i miss those dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a find! Your site is an absolute treasure trove, Empress of Thrift! Kudos to you and your good cause!
    Wondering, any chance you'll carry size XXXL in the future? I've misplaced my girlish figure (again).

    Stitch in time saves nine,
    -A. Demeris, Huntington Harbour, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nita, oh Nita, you must have gained weight in the afterlife - I guess that can happen with all of those heavenly doughnuts. Welcome Back, Nita, we need your design flair and marbled mirrors.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, posts, horoscopes and Freudian analyses. Photos are welcome. Also, sign up as a follower (it's easy -- look to your left.) oxox Jeri