Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Jewel in the Crown, courtesy of Goodwill




My brother once said, "Accessories are the Key to Fashion." He was eleven and had just bought a green and blue polka dot shirt at the local  swanky men's store. He didn't grow up to be Marc Jacobs, but he is an artist and has a keen eye, and let's me know when I err -- yes, I had a mullet for a while and those photos have been burned. At Goodwill you can buy pieces, or jewelry by the pound (useful in etsy projects). I bought a bulk of 6 necklaces that include the top two, which are fun and make noise when I move, so, at least my dachshunds know I'm approaching so "Look Smart!" I saw the third one, by Ericcson Beamon at Target for $50, but got it from Goodwill for $5 because the huge plastic flower attachment was broken. As if this necklace needed any more garishness! (It's on my favorite Goodwill Western shirt where it clearly does not belong). So let's all be Bewitched, Bothered and Bejeweled for the Oscars, courtesy of Goodwill.

3 comments:

  1. God, I remember that shirt! Kathleen and Sarah are going to love your blog. Be sure to let people on FB know, Empress of Thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt w/that necklace...keep blogging

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, posts, horoscopes and Freudian analyses. Photos are welcome. Also, sign up as a follower (it's easy -- look to your left.) oxox Jeri